Facing surgery can be a scary experience.
That’s why we provide detailed information about our surgical technologies on this website – to help you work in partnership with your physician and surgeon to make an informed decision about your medical care.
Why Brian Weeks?
Using pre-operative scans and a technology similar to GPS, our computer navigation systems allows your surgeon to visualize your anatomy in 3-D during surgery and see the exact placement of surgical instrumentation throughout the procedure. This enables your surgeon to:
- Make fewer and smaller incisions
- Precisely navigate through the delicate landscape of your brain, sinuses and spine at exactly the right angle and avoid critical
- Anatomy like the spinal cord and optic nerve
- Decrease potential damage to surrounding, healthy tissue Verify the successful removal of a tumor
- Confidently place screws and align joints at the right angle
- Minimize complications, pain, recovery time and the need for repeat surgeries
Learn more about how surgery has helped change the lives of patients below:
Bite Wounds of the Head & Neck Case Study – Click Here To Open PDF written June 24, 1999 with Bobby R. Alford, Department of Otolaryngology- Head and Neck Surgery V.A. Hospital